Hoop Dreams
Welcome to Hoop Dreams!
Have a good day and enjoy NBA gaming on PS2/PSP!
Hoop Dreams
Welcome to Hoop Dreams!
Have a good day and enjoy NBA gaming on PS2/PSP!
Hoop Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoop Dreams

NBA Gaming Discussions for PSP and PS2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
The merge with ClutchTimeSports was unsuccessful so I decided to bring Hoop Dreams back! Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

A batch of questions

Go down 
+2
Elxar
borisdiaw
6 posters
AuthorMessage
borisdiaw
Hoop Dominator
Hoop Dominator
borisdiaw

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-12-04

A batch of questions Empty
PostSubject: A batch of questions   A batch of questions Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 5:06 pm

1) how do you win jump balls? i've never won a single one vs the CPU during the Hall of Fame difficulty mode.

2) how do you steal the ball? the steal button is useless. 80% of the time i get called for a foul.

3) In the ps2 controller setting labeled "alternate A", how do you "call for pick"
using Right Analog when it's also used as a shot stick?

4) i play the phoenix suns and has recently upgraded the roster with jason richardson in the starting suns five, but i have substitutions on auto, and the funny thing is the computer tries to bench richardson and not play him again unless i manually sub him back into the game. is there any way to tell the cpu not to bench richardson unless his energy is down?
Back to top Go down
Elxar
HoopDreams Mods
HoopDreams Mods
Elxar

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: Re: A batch of questions   A batch of questions Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 7:22 pm

1) Almost impossible to win a tip off with Hall of Fame Difficulty unless you have a turbo button.

2) Use the right thumb stick for stealing and lower the reaching foul slider to have less fouls. Unless you are not using the default control scheme which I believe uses the square button for stealing then switch back to default.

3) I'm not pretty sure about this one but I think some of the alternate setting for control dont include it.

4) If you trade him manually you have to edit his playing time because it will return to zero so the CPU wont sub him out.
Back to top Go down
borisdiaw
Hoop Dominator
Hoop Dominator
borisdiaw

PostSubject: Re: A batch of questions   A batch of questions Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 12:51 am

Elxar wrote:

4) If you trade him manually you have to edit his playing time because it will return to zero so the CPU wont sub him out.

how do you edit his playing time? can you edit each individual player's stats and abilities?
Back to top Go down
BattleDON
HoopDreams Admin
HoopDreams Admin
BattleDON

Male Number of posts : 365
Job/hobbies : Playing NBA video games and watching NBA
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: A batch of questions   A batch of questions Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 2:07 am

borisdiaw wrote:
Elxar wrote:

how do you edit his playing time? can you edit each individual player's stats and abilities?

go to main menu->options-> manage rosters-> suns roster -> jason richardson -> edit player -> scroll all the way to the bottom and you should find 'playing time'.
Back to top Go down
http://hoopdreams.heavenforum.com
supermanlouie
Hoop Dominator
Hoop Dominator
supermanlouie

Male Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-11-26

PostSubject: Re: A batch of questions   A batch of questions Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 2:12 pm

all correct....
you can win in a jump ball if you're good in button mashing...
just mash the button as quick as you can...

if you want pick or screen just tap the r3 button..

if you need a succesful steal just decreas the foul on the sliders...

BattleDON wrote:
borisdiaw wrote:
Elxar wrote:

go to main menu->options-> manage rosters-> suns roster -> jason richardson -> edit player -> scroll all the way to the bottom and you should find 'playing time'.
Back to top Go down
borisdiaw
Hoop Dominator
Hoop Dominator
borisdiaw

PostSubject: Re: A batch of questions   A batch of questions Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 4:33 pm

supermanlouie wrote:

what is the r3 button?
Back to top Go down
borisdiaw
Hoop Dominator
Hoop Dominator
borisdiaw

PostSubject: Re: A batch of questions   A batch of questions Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 4:43 pm

btw, what are the settings to make sure steve nash NEVER again misses an uncontested layup (in practice mode) and when he's ahead during fastbreaks?

and what's the difference between a normal pass and a lead pass? what are the advantages and disadvantages?
Back to top Go down
Elxar
HoopDreams Mods
HoopDreams Mods
Elxar

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: Re: A batch of questions   A batch of questions Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 7:07 pm

Press your right analog stick, that's the R3 button. The L3 is in the left analog stick. Funny these buttons are not obvious.
Back to top Go down
supermanlouie
Hoop Dominator
Hoop Dominator
supermanlouie

PostSubject: Re: A batch of questions   A batch of questions Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 7:36 pm

borisdiaw wrote:
supermanlouie wrote:

what is the r3 button?

r3 (right analog stick) or l3 (left analog stick) ..
tap the r3 button = means you push or press the right analog stick in the middle or i say center.. just press it in your thumb.. do not push it to the right side or left or down or up just in the middle or center.. sorry about my english.. im from philippines... and im not that good in english..
Back to top Go down
borisdiaw
Hoop Dominator
Hoop Dominator
borisdiaw

PostSubject: Re: A batch of questions   A batch of questions Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 9:47 pm

i did not know the right analog can be pushed down like a button. thanks.
Back to top Go down
karlsanada10
HoopDreams Mods
HoopDreams Mods
karlsanada10

Male Number of posts : 383
Job/hobbies : Play basketball, 2k9, badminton,live 09
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: A batch of questions   A batch of questions Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 10:05 pm

borisdiaw wrote:
btw, what are the settings to make sure steve nash NEVER again misses an uncontested layup (in practice mode) and when he's ahead during fastbreaks?

Try not to jump after the circle(before the rim)...

Alston sometimes misses all his lay-up, but not ALWAYS...

But it only him who can misses lay-ups sometime...

5-7 lay-up

Anyways, you don't know Controller of PS2 can press.Wow! how long do you play your PS2?
Back to top Go down
borisdiaw
Hoop Dominator
Hoop Dominator
borisdiaw

PostSubject: Re: A batch of questions   A batch of questions Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 1:17 am

karlsanada10 wrote:
borisdiaw wrote:

5-7 lay-up

Anyways, you don't know Controller of PS2 can press.Wow! how long do you play your PS2?

i just bought it recently. like last month. right now i'm trying to finish "god of war" Laughing.
Back to top Go down
Srxon the third
Hoop Dreamer
Hoop Dreamer
Srxon the third

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: A batch of questions   A batch of questions Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 6:24 am

@Exlar

You PRESS the R-analog stick
Back to top Go down
supermanlouie
Hoop Dominator
Hoop Dominator
supermanlouie

PostSubject: Re: A batch of questions   A batch of questions Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 3:06 pm

heyy.. thats a great game..
god of war 1 and 2 rocks..
i already beat these game..
i beat it in hard mode, god mode and titan mode..
men... this game is cool because you don't need a cheat or walkthrough because the puzzles and combat are not that difficult..
where are you now? i mean level?
what are you playing 1 or 2..
you must be start with the first so that you can follow the story..
there is a psp version of god of war too.. its called the chain of olympus..
and there is coming up a God of war 3..
too sad it will only on the ps3 ..
hope they will make for the ps2..
i love this game..

borisdiaw wrote:
karlsanada10 wrote:
borisdiaw wrote:

5-7 lay-up

i just bought it recently. like last month. right now i'm trying to finish "god of war" Laughing.
Back to top Go down
borisdiaw
Hoop Dominator
Hoop Dominator
borisdiaw

PostSubject: Re: A batch of questions   A batch of questions Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 4:14 am

my god of war 1 game is full of glitches. it keeps loading and loading in the second to the last stage.

hey... if you know somebody who has a GOW1 save game (easy mode) where it starts at the "Temple of the Oracle" (the last stage), i want to download it. whether it's AR Max or codebreakers save file.

i've given up on my crappy GOW1 disc, and has now started GOW2. i'm at the Bog of the Forgotten (easy mode)

supermanlouie wrote:
heyy.. thats a great game..
god of war 1 and 2 rocks..
i already beat these game..
i beat it in hard mode, god mode and titan mode..
men... this game is cool because you don't need a cheat or walkthrough because the puzzles and combat are not that difficult..
where are you now? i mean level?
what are you playing 1 or 2..
you must be start with the first so that you can follow the story..
there is a psp version of god of war too.. its called the chain of olympus..
and there is coming up a God of war 3..
too sad it will only on the ps3 ..
hope they will make for the ps2..
i love this game..

borisdiaw wrote:
karlsanada10 wrote:
borisdiaw wrote:

5-7 lay-up

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A batch of questions   A batch of questions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A batch of questions
Page 1 of 1