Hoop Dreams
Welcome to Hoop Dreams!
Have a good day and enjoy NBA gaming on PS2/PSP!
Hoop Dreams
Welcome to Hoop Dreams!
Have a good day and enjoy NBA gaming on PS2/PSP!
Hoop Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoop Dreams

NBA Gaming Discussions for PSP and PS2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
The merge with ClutchTimeSports was unsuccessful so I decided to bring Hoop Dreams back! Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

NBA 2K10 impressions thread.

Go down 
+6
karlsanada10
BattleDON
lbjcavsx23
papaEy
DIZZAY
Elxar
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
lbjcavsx23
Hoop Elite
Hoop Elite
lbjcavsx23

Male Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-07-10

NBA 2K10 impressions thread. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA 2K10 impressions thread.   NBA 2K10 impressions thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 5:19 pm

Please someone post SOMEKIND of a video or screenshot.
Back to top Go down
BattleDON
HoopDreams Admin
HoopDreams Admin
BattleDON

Male Number of posts : 365
Job/hobbies : Playing NBA video games and watching NBA
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: NBA 2K10 impressions thread.   NBA 2K10 impressions thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 5:55 pm

Wait day or two, NBA 2K10 hasn't come out in my country yet.

Comes out for October 9th for us here in NZ Crying or Very sad.

Not downloading this year. I'm supporting NBA 2K's last year for the PlayStation 2.
Back to top Go down
http://hoopdreams.heavenforum.com
Elxar
HoopDreams Mods
HoopDreams Mods
Elxar

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: Re: NBA 2K10 impressions thread.   NBA 2K10 impressions thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 10:21 pm

OK so the game will be ou tthis week and Im having trouble uploading the screenshots because of my photo bucket account. Just wait a bit and I'll be posting them here.
Back to top Go down
Elxar
HoopDreams Mods
HoopDreams Mods
Elxar

PostSubject: Re: NBA 2K10 impressions thread.   NBA 2K10 impressions thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 1:37 pm

Quote :
Okay i have the game i have not played a game yet i've just been going through the menus and i've really have notice very little changes to this game it is basically the same game as the previous installment actually i feel angry that i've wasted $29.99 on this game and don't get me wrong it's not bad it's just not worth $29.99 maybe $19.99 NO my player mode therefore NO NBA Development league teams , NO Slam dunk contest , No skills competition in the Association Mode there is this new rewards system that gives you points for completing objectives like making the playoffs and with them points you can apply them your players in the off season Training camp to boost they're attributes other then that this game is not worth it

An impression from the Gamefaqs boards. Disspointing isn't it.
Back to top Go down
eathb
Hoop Dominator
Hoop Dominator

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2009-01-02

PostSubject: Re: NBA 2K10 impressions thread.   NBA 2K10 impressions thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 5:21 pm

ok I got it (it was embarassing buying a PS2 game but oh well).

- It's basically the same game as 2k9, except with rosters updated and new portraits.
- I've only noticed few differences so far: there's a turbo charger at the bottom of the player... I don't know what it is yet, but it's yellow. I can only assume it is stamina.
- OKC is in the game.

Everything else is just the same.

Layup glitch has not been fixed.

This is basically a roster update.
Back to top Go down
BattleDON
HoopDreams Admin
HoopDreams Admin
BattleDON

PostSubject: Re: NBA 2K10 impressions thread.   NBA 2K10 impressions thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 8:41 pm

Yeah, don't buy this game. It's the same as 2K9 & 2K8. 2K YOU LAZY BASTARDS.
Back to top Go down
karlsanada10
HoopDreams Mods
HoopDreams Mods
karlsanada10

Male Number of posts : 383
Job/hobbies : Play basketball, 2k9, badminton,live 09
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: NBA 2K10 impressions thread.   NBA 2K10 impressions thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 11:07 pm

^We have no choice, their priority is on the next-gen.
Back to top Go down
Elxar
HoopDreams Mods
HoopDreams Mods
Elxar

PostSubject: Re: NBA 2K10 impressions thread.   NBA 2K10 impressions thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 1:04 am

Well so much hope for a Wii port... I think its really time to move and I recommend going for the PC version if you can. I think the rosters here is also outdated by the rosters of the next generation.
Back to top Go down
DIZZAY
Hoop Elite
Hoop Elite

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2009-03-22

PostSubject: Re: NBA 2K10 impressions thread.   NBA 2K10 impressions thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 7:29 am

BattleDON wrote:
Yeah, don't buy this game. It's the same as 2K9 & 2K8. 2K YOU LAZY BASTARDS.

I lmao at this one. I won't get my ps2 back until saturday so I haven't downloaded it yet. Does it at least have online.
Back to top Go down
lbjcavsx23
Hoop Elite
Hoop Elite
lbjcavsx23

Male Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-07-10

PostSubject: Re: NBA 2K10 impressions thread.   NBA 2K10 impressions thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 7:30 am

^ Yeah it has online, but the online is also shitty. Only good games left for PS2 are Madden.
Back to top Go down
Elxar
HoopDreams Mods
HoopDreams Mods
Elxar

PostSubject: Re: NBA 2K10 impressions thread.   NBA 2K10 impressions thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 2:24 am

So I got the chance to play the game today. So for my FIRST impressions.

You boot and you see the yearly cosmetic changes ( different Cover guy, 2k BEATS and menu themes). I headed to roster management after setting the VIP and check on players and stuff. The new Sixers Logo and OKC is now in the game. Rosters are as of August 10, 2009 so its one month old but not that too outdated. But still there are FA Iverson and Daniels which should already have a new team.

As for the ratings, sadly its the same as last year. They did not use the new rating system at all. So we get Kobe as 99 instead of 97 (in next gen ratings). And here is the top 10 players.

1. D. Wade 99
2. Kobe 99
3. CP3 99
4. King James 99
5. Tim Duncan 98
6. Kevin Garnett 98
7. Deron Williams 95
8. Dwight Howard 95
9. Dirk Nowitzki 95
10.Carmelo Anthony 94

I actually agree with most of this except James should be no lower than 2 spot for me. But they all tie to 99 so it does not matter.

And I went to the player edit and saw some familiar menus. Its actually the same as 2K9. Then the player models are mostly the same. I've seen a couple o updated player faces namely Gasol, Carmelo and AI. The accesories are hit and miss too. Some were updated others not. You still cant change jerseys and player positions. I traded a player and the playing time glitch is still there. So I decide to play a few games for actual game testing. Played a couple of games and here are somethings worth noting.

Pros:
-Its less arcady now. The game pace is slower than 2K9. (Iplayed normal speed)
-Midrange game has been toned down, you wont knock every jump shot even with Kobe
-The turbo meter now regulates the cheesy plays and dunkfest albeit not that much.
-Dunks in traffic are not that frequent anymore
-The AI plays better defense, block and steals somewhat improved.
-you can knock down few more lay-ups than 2K9
-the basic jump shot was changed, its actually feels more responsive.
-tournament mode is back
- offensive rebound glitch is fixed

Cons:
-You can still dunk in freethrow lines
-Same presentation and audio
-The lay-up glitch is still there
-less signature shots than 2K9 (Iverson has no sig shot again)
-Not much improvement at all. Same as previous years.

The game feels more like 2K8/2K7 engine rather than the 2K9 one but its still lacking. I'll post more when I get to play more.
Back to top Go down
karlsanada10
HoopDreams Mods
HoopDreams Mods
karlsanada10

PostSubject: Re: NBA 2K10 impressions thread.   NBA 2K10 impressions thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 4:17 am

^NBA 2k10 in Xbox is as great as in PS3?
Back to top Go down
BattleDON
HoopDreams Admin
HoopDreams Admin
BattleDON

PostSubject: Re: NBA 2K10 impressions thread.   NBA 2K10 impressions thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 8:17 am

Thanks for the report Elxar.

karsanada10, NBA 2K10 for XBOX 360 should be the same as PLAYSTATION 3.

I am extremely disappointed with the game for PlayStation 2.
2K just did it for the money. I mean all the improvements and changes from NBA 2K9 > NBA 2K10 probably took a week.
While they worked so hard on next-gen.
It's our last NBA game for PlayStation 2 so we might as well just continue on updating rosters.
NBA Live has stopped. Sony NBA has stopped. We should atleast be happy that 2K actually released a game for PlayStation 2. *Sigh*....
Back to top Go down
DIZZAY
Hoop Elite
Hoop Elite

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2009-03-22

PostSubject: Re: NBA 2K10 impressions thread.   NBA 2K10 impressions thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 12:33 pm

I still haven't played it yet, but I feel your pain. The psp version made me wanna cry (just kidding but seriously it's bad). They may have took a week on ps2, but on da psp, it seems like a 24 hour job. It's like they made it just so they could say they made a 2k basketball game for psp. BattleDon, if you are up to make the roster updates for this year on ps2, I will make on for the psp version, but I still don't have my ps2 with me so i don't know how i'd get it. I just want jason williams. Also hopefully if the pc version comes out this year, I will be able to run it. 2k9 pc was too high spec.
Back to top Go down
kbryant24
Hoop Dominator
Hoop Dominator

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-01-04

PostSubject: Re: NBA 2K10 impressions thread.   NBA 2K10 impressions thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 5:08 pm

i just got the ps2 version and its not too bad. the shots are different from 2k9. its more smoother. i like the addition of stamina bar and limitaions on turbo. i played a 6 minute HOF difficulty game and it was challenging. i lost by like 8 or so i forget. if you guys havent tried online, u really should. they have leagues where u can trade and play in playoffs and such. im happy that i bought it but idk if its worth 30 bucks.
Back to top Go down
Elxar
HoopDreams Mods
HoopDreams Mods
Elxar

PostSubject: Re: NBA 2K10 impressions thread.   NBA 2K10 impressions thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 12:22 am

Yeah the stamina bar will be a factor in longer tiems and the AI plays better defense I think. I have not won (my 2 games) against HOF difficulty. I'm going to try the association tonight and give some impressions. Also the Line ups and positions in 2K10 is not that accurate.
Back to top Go down
Elxar
HoopDreams Mods
HoopDreams Mods
Elxar

PostSubject: Re: NBA 2K10 impressions thread.   NBA 2K10 impressions thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 2:34 am

Ok done playing a couple more games and I say the gameplay is slightly better than 2K9. Some of the glithc have been fixed and the game is much more sim tahn acadey. I especially notice the better midrange game and the less dunks in traffic. There seems to be 2 types of jump shot the one is the new smoother shot and the old one from 2K9. Every players are designated with one adn motsly big mans and some small forwards have the old 2K9 shot which is harder to make shots.
Back to top Go down
karlsanada10
HoopDreams Mods
HoopDreams Mods
karlsanada10

PostSubject: Re: NBA 2K10 impressions thread.   NBA 2K10 impressions thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 4:04 am

I hope I could buy 2k10 tomorrow.

If Ps2 is obsolete, I think I'll just buy a Xbox 360...
Back to top Go down
Elxar
HoopDreams Mods
HoopDreams Mods
Elxar

PostSubject: Re: NBA 2K10 impressions thread.   NBA 2K10 impressions thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 12:42 pm

Well you can buy a P* copy at low price so its worth getting before you have a 360.
Back to top Go down
kbryant24
Hoop Dominator
Hoop Dominator

PostSubject: Re: NBA 2K10 impressions thread.   NBA 2K10 impressions thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 8:22 am

i played online and found that theres no rookies. hopefully they will update the online roster. they had rookies in 2k9 online.
Back to top Go down
arguscraig
HoopDreams V.I.P
HoopDreams V.I.P
arguscraig

Male Number of posts : 54
Job/hobbies : playing baskeball,studying and playing nba 2k9
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: NBA 2K10 impressions thread.   NBA 2K10 impressions thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 10:54 pm

when the ps3 is came out the 2ksports is became lazy in ps2 version...
Back to top Go down
karlsanada10
HoopDreams Mods
HoopDreams Mods
karlsanada10

PostSubject: Re: NBA 2K10 impressions thread.   NBA 2K10 impressions thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 11:25 pm

^Agree!

Anyway, I got my PS2 and PSP version....

About the PSP version, I use the 3000 version with 5.03 M33-6... The guy in the shop said that my PSP should be 5.50 M33, I went to another shop and said it can be played even with a low CFW like 4.01... Then yeah, I put the NBA 2k10 but it hangs sometimes, I think I saw a guy who posted something here about how PSP will be hack for newer games.

About the PS2, I started my season, there's a new dunk, better AI, I can get my lay-up in and in the other hand, AI dunks more often.
Back to top Go down
kbryant24
Hoop Dominator
Hoop Dominator

PostSubject: Re: NBA 2K10 impressions thread.   NBA 2K10 impressions thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 3:59 am

shots are more realistic in my opinion. you have a greater chance to making a wide open jumper (doesnt matter too much on timing when your open). and when your guarded, its hard to make the shot, especially a 3 pointer. the shot is much more smoother than last year. u can do crossover moves and fakes, then easily shoot right after or during those moves.
Back to top Go down
karlsanada10
HoopDreams Mods
HoopDreams Mods
karlsanada10

PostSubject: Re: NBA 2K10 impressions thread.   NBA 2K10 impressions thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 11:38 pm

Can anyone post the requirements for the game.
Back to top Go down
BattleDON
HoopDreams Admin
HoopDreams Admin
BattleDON

PostSubject: Re: NBA 2K10 impressions thread.   NBA 2K10 impressions thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 6:51 pm

Requirements for which console?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NBA 2K10 impressions thread.   NBA 2K10 impressions thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NBA 2K10 impressions thread.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next