Hoop Dreams
Welcome to Hoop Dreams!
Have a good day and enjoy NBA gaming on PS2/PSP!
Hoop Dreams
Welcome to Hoop Dreams!
Have a good day and enjoy NBA gaming on PS2/PSP!
Hoop Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoop Dreams

NBA Gaming Discussions for PSP and PS2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
The merge with ClutchTimeSports was unsuccessful so I decided to bring Hoop Dreams back! Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Beating Cheese Players.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Elxar
HoopDreams Mods
HoopDreams Mods
Elxar

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2008-11-02

Beating Cheese Players. Empty
PostSubject: Beating Cheese Players.   Beating Cheese Players. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 1:56 am

Well I always play NBA 2K with my cousins at weekends, and to be frank, I always get beaten. Not that I'm a bad player because I can beat the CPU most of the time.

I just recently discovered what the game type they play when I got interested in sports forums. Yes they cheese play. I'm not saying I dont but they do it every time. Steal balls on inbound, bunny hop in the paint, run and gun, turbo time, Shoot 3s/Dunk every time with Lebron or Kobe when they can. They never take mid-jumpers or run plays. It's really good strategy being competitive but I think it's getting me not want to play the game because the type of their play style which make me wonder if were playing a sim game or just and arcade NBA jam game. I mostly lose to them. Once in a while I beat them but just hated losing so much they always do things that they must win at all cost.

I just want's some tips on how you go against these play style. I play decent D but they still win or break the defense often.
Back to top Go down
supermanlouie
Hoop Dominator
Hoop Dominator
supermanlouie

Male Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-11-26

Beating Cheese Players. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beating Cheese Players.   Beating Cheese Players. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 3:17 pm

Elxar wrote:
Well I always play NBA 2K with my cousins at weekends, and to be frank, I always get beaten. Not that I'm a bad player because I can beat the CPU most of the time.

I just recently discovered what the game type they play when I got interested in sports forums. Yes they cheese play. I'm not saying I dont but they do it every time. Steal balls on inbound, bunny hop in the paint, run and gun, turbo time, Shoot 3s/Dunk every time with Lebron or Kobe when they can. They never take mid-jumpers or run plays. It's really good strategy being competitive but I think it's getting me not want to play the game because the type of their play style which make me wonder if were playing a sim game or just and arcade NBA jam game. I mostly lose to them. Once in a while I beat them but just hated losing so much they always do things that they must win at all cost.

I just want's some tips on how you go against these play style. I play decent D but they still win or break the defense often.

haha same thing when i play with my brother..
i always lose..
he's strategy is run and gun, dunking always with lebron and shooting treys and stealing the ball on inbound... whew...!
i always get frustrated with his style of play..
and i always lose..
sometimes i just play the way he play in order for me to win..
and i always used the full court press...
and mostly distract him by talking to him and teasing him for example he can't make a jumper hehe!
sounds bad? yes it is bad but its worth hehe..
Back to top Go down

Beating Cheese Players.
Page 1 of 1