Hoop Dreams
Welcome to Hoop Dreams!
Have a good day and enjoy NBA gaming on PS2/PSP!
Hoop Dreams
Welcome to Hoop Dreams!
Have a good day and enjoy NBA gaming on PS2/PSP!
Hoop Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoop Dreams

NBA Gaming Discussions for PSP and PS2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
The merge with ClutchTimeSports was unsuccessful so I decided to bring Hoop Dreams back! Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Need help with strategy Heat vs. Celtics

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DIZZAY
Hoop Elite
Hoop Elite

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2009-03-22

Need help with strategy Heat vs. Celtics Empty
PostSubject: Need help with strategy Heat vs. Celtics   Need help with strategy Heat vs. Celtics Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 7:15 am

I play every game with my favorite team, the miami heat and their official roster. Well my cousin comes over to play, and he keeps changing teams. I thraxed him when he played with the lakers and D.wade put on a defensive showcase against Johnson of the Hawks. Now he plays with the Celtics. All of the team ratings are near 90, while all of mine are barely above 70 after the trade. I read defense extremely well, but my defense is mainly run through Wade and Blount when he gets in. My starting 5 is Chalmers,Wade,Jones,Beasley,Haslem. Haslem gets his ass worked in the paint by Garnett and Perkins and even if I double team, Super Garnett can dunk over Haslem and get the foul. Garnett won't be much of a hassle though once I put Magoire or O'neal in anyway. Then on D, I have James Jones sticking pierce and of course pierce has the advantage. The other thing is too that he puts his offensive tempo up on 90 at the start of each game. I can make James Jones make it rain from the three at almost any given time, but of course he gets tired, but that's not really a factor. The problem is that when I go up for the 3 wwith Jones he just rips me, forcing me to show his range. This is what I really need help with:

1. Stopping Paul Pierce. He's my guy, but they overated him. He's more of a threat to me than Ray Allen (My cousin can't find his shot). If I can stop Pierce early, his team will suffer greatly. We can put pressure on Allen, and force him to only get a 2.

2. Stopping Garnett. all Haslem is good for is a rebound. Oneal is a great blocker but he runs extremely slow. I stop his shot for a while with the box and 1 defense, but that's when Super Pierce comes in. He steps back and wets like 4 3's (gets possible fouls) and hen he goes to the hole, he gets the shot and the foul. HELP!!!

3.Ripping people and squaring up on D. D.wade is my goto man on defense, but he gets all of his steals off of interceptions. Everytime I try ripping Pierce, Allen, or Garnett, I end up with nothing. I would try ripping Rondo and Perkins, but they hardly get to touch the ball. Allen, Pierce, and Garnett get almost 40 points a piece. Also, in the post, no matter how slaw my player is, I know that I should be able to put a hand in the guys back and keep him out of the post. How do I do that.

4.Post offense. My post offense comes solely off of dunks and layups. Haslem's jumper comes and goes, as well as all of my other big men (Except Blount).How do I do the move that the CPU does on me. I know how to back down but I want to know how to do the move where they fake to the left, go to the right, and back to the left while backing down. It might help a ton, even with Haslem (his shot gets blocked and he always gets us in foul trouble).

5.Dwayne Wade's signature shots and layups. I know I have to find them, and I have found a couple, but wade's shot is broke as hell. He gets good looks from a few feet inside of the arc, but the ball bounces out. Also, I can't get to the hole like how I used to. I used to use the baseline drive, but he manages to get the charge. Now My goto is a baseline drive fake with wade on the right side of the key. I run the baseline and then hold L1+R1+Left Analog back+triangle. Wade jumps back, leaving him open, and he gets the shot. I need more wade tips.

6. My gotos. I rest my starters a couple of mins especially if I got the lead. Wright is universal. He knocks down 3's like crazy and then he's a high flyer (Good Go TO). Cook is in the same boat, but I need more from quin. He is okay on offense, but D sucks.

7. Finally, Whaat play's should I call? My Def. Plays are Box and 1, and Man to Man, and sometimes halfcourt trap. My offense, consists of post up and iso, and quick basket cut. Run some strategies by me.

8.One more thing. (Rockets) How do I stop brent Barry. He is PURE AS HELL from 3-point range
Back to top Go down
karlsanada10
HoopDreams Mods
HoopDreams Mods
karlsanada10

Male Number of posts : 383
Job/hobbies : Play basketball, 2k9, badminton,live 09
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Need help with strategy Heat vs. Celtics   Need help with strategy Heat vs. Celtics Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 1:23 pm

Oneal is on your team???

What NBA 2k you are playing???

Anyway, About Brent...

Use you power forward to defend him...
Back to top Go down
DIZZAY
Hoop Elite
Hoop Elite

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2009-03-22

PostSubject: Re: Need help with strategy Heat vs. Celtics   Need help with strategy Heat vs. Celtics Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 2:25 pm

I manually did the heat roster. I even got luther head from the Rockets on there (He good for a 3, defense, and the dunk). Oh and I was talking about Jermaine O'neal and I'm playing 2k9. I made this thread at school, and went home, then got my ass beat by 23 and then 40. I figured out that if I put Chalmers on Pierce when he goes in the paint, I can get the charge, but they overrated paul pierce. He as well as McGrady and Vince Carter can stop and move on a dime. I set my charge stance when he is going up, and all of a sudden, they go right beside me. I would change some team and coach sliders, but my brothers and friends say that it is cheating.
Back to top Go down
karlsanada10
HoopDreams Mods
HoopDreams Mods
karlsanada10

Male Number of posts : 383
Job/hobbies : Play basketball, 2k9, badminton,live 09
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Need help with strategy Heat vs. Celtics   Need help with strategy Heat vs. Celtics Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 2:02 pm

Oh...
Paul Pierce is really overrated. I think the right overall for him is 91 not 99!

Luther Head... I don't know what I'm thinking before, but I just suddenly trade him for Linaz Kleiza... But I think it's a good trade I need SF before.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help with strategy Heat vs. Celtics   Need help with strategy Heat vs. Celtics Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need help with strategy Heat vs. Celtics
Page 1 of 1