Hoop Dreams
Welcome to Hoop Dreams!
Have a good day and enjoy NBA gaming on PS2/PSP!

Hoop Dreams

NBA Gaming Discussions for PSP and PS2

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
The merge with ClutchTimeSports was unsuccessful so I decided to bring Hoop Dreams back! Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Share | 

NBA 2k10 PC. Let's get serious Here! Let's start talking strategies!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DIZZAY
Hoop Elite
Hoop Elite

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2009-03-22

PostSubject: NBA 2k10 PC. Let's get serious Here! Let's start talking strategies!   Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:05 pm

I want this thread to be for the discussion of things such as shot releases, money plays, hot spots, and of course, defensive strategies (How to shot block, steal, force turnovers). Provide pictures if you can. Anything deemed useful, I will post on the first post of this thread. Also, please post strategies you use on Hall of Fame difficulty.

Blazers
As we all know, the shot releases that you work on in practice mode will not always work in a real game. Out of the 4 teams I've played with, the only player who has a consistent shot with his practice mode shot release is Brandon Roy. I tend to release his shot at the point of his jumper when he seems to "freeze" in the air. All you have to do is get a good look. Alternatively, what else has worked for me is when B. Roy (and just about any other shooter on the team) is about to flick his wrist. If you time it right and release the button once you see their fingers going forward the shot "Seems" to have a greater chance of going in. Brandon Roy can knock down the occasional 3 but he seems to be the wettest from the freethrow line and baseline corners. Also, for some unexplainable reason, Juwan Howard seems to be automatic in the paint. A lot of centers are, but what surprised me was how good he was. On ps2, I would never pass him the ball because he was just a horrible player, but he is a big asset.

Miami Heat

I don't know what to say about them. I love my Miami Heat, but they are too damn broke. I put in hours and hours on shot releases, but it seems to be little to no help for them. I just played a game earlier today against the Hawks, and I was putting up a good game until the 3rd. They came back and got a 13 point lead. Anyway, all I can say for right now is start off with beasley and then work your way to wade. Wade's shooting is horrible for some reason so you have to drive more often than shoot. Q rich Mad Mad . He hits when he wants to. James Jones and Dorrel Wright tend to be more productive on the offensive end than Richardson. If James Jones is open, just tap the shoot button and more than likely it's wet or a good look. Dorrel Wright has to be open, but just about the same applies. he has a quick release, but it's wet if he's open. I just put up 20 with him in the 2nd quarter (5 minute quarters). I just release the shot button once you see his hands go above his head. It's barely a second. Work at it and believe me, for a guy everyone says can't shoot, He's wet. Just get him more baseline 3 pointers and midrange shots than anything from the top of the arc area, whether it be inside or out. He may hit, but honestly it tends to go in and come right out, so stick to the sidelines. Haslem and Oneal are also helpful on offense. Oneal is pretty much automatic, but you have to make sure he gets good position in the paint. I don;t depend on his midrange jumper too much, but he can knock it down sometimes, or airball. I let haslem take the midrange shots that I won't let Oneal take. Haslem is wet. Once I remember his release, I'll post it or a pic. He has to be open though or he'll get blocked or ripped badly. Then thanks to his horrible shot animation, you won't be able to recover the loose ball because he'll be stunned for about 3 seconds.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
papaEy
Hoop Star
Hoop Star

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: NBA 2k10 PC. Let's get serious Here! Let's start talking strategies!   Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:31 pm

requesting for nBA 2k10 and 2k9 rosters (PC) that are accurate as of the date where the nba schedule really started.. i just prefer that rather becoz it makes it more realistic whenever u start ur association with the corrrect line ups.. i hope someone wold conider my wish.. =)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
karlsanada10
HoopDreams Mods
HoopDreams Mods

Male Number of posts : 383
Job/hobbies : Play basketball, 2k9, badminton,live 09
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: NBA 2k10 PC. Let's get serious Here! Let's start talking strategies!   Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:59 am

Just wait... I'll post mine when I get my laptop and install 2k10.

I'm versatile!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
papaEy
Hoop Star
Hoop Star

PostSubject: Re: NBA 2k10 PC. Let's get serious Here! Let's start talking strategies!   Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:51 pm

@karla.. tnx. i hope you can just upload it cause im somewhat lazy doing it manually. hehe.. maybe 2k10 rosters will do.. updated as of OCt 31,2009 wherein the nba season started..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BattleDON
HoopDreams Admin
HoopDreams Admin

Male Number of posts : 365
Job/hobbies : Playing NBA video games and watching NBA
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: NBA 2k10 PC. Let's get serious Here! Let's start talking strategies!   Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:17 am

I'm moving this thread to the arcade section.

This does not belong here.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hoopdreams.heavenforum.com
karlsanada10
HoopDreams Mods
HoopDreams Mods

PostSubject: Re: NBA 2k10 PC. Let's get serious Here! Let's start talking strategies!   Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:34 am

@Papaey: Lolwut? What did you just call me? KarlA!?!?! Lolz! It's Karl! Not Karla! Hahaha... I'm a Boy.

Upload what?

I'm versatile!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
papaEy
Hoop Star
Hoop Star

PostSubject: Re: NBA 2k10 PC. Let's get serious Here! Let's start talking strategies!   Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:56 pm

sorry men.. karlasanada kz basa ko.. hehe.. upload meaning you put it in the web for me to download. i just dont know how to upload...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
karlsanada10
HoopDreams Mods
HoopDreams Mods

PostSubject: Re: NBA 2k10 PC. Let's get serious Here! Let's start talking strategies!   Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:50 am

I know what the meaning of upload. Upload where? And what is the thing I'm going to upload?

Anyways, does anyone know how to make my PSP a controller? I'm really having a hard time playing 2k10 on keyboard.

I'm versatile!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
papaEy
Hoop Star
Hoop Star

PostSubject: Re: NBA 2k10 PC. Let's get serious Here! Let's start talking strategies!   Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:53 pm

@karl.. i got what i need.. tnx anyway.. found a site for modding nba 2k10 for pc.. great site for pc users.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
karlsanada10
HoopDreams Mods
HoopDreams Mods

PostSubject: Re: NBA 2k10 PC. Let's get serious Here! Let's start talking strategies!   Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:39 pm

I finally get used in my keyboard!

Anyways, my tips.

Difficulty PRO:

Tracy McGrady: Use should press the numpad 8(which I'm using) if you're going to shoot beyond the arc. He's a type of quick-release.

Aaron Brooks: Use numpad 5 if yo're going to shoot beyond the arc.

That's all for now.

Anyways.

If you're using a keyboard.

Change Clutch button-->Right shift
Change Double Team/Dual player-->Numpad Minus

It makes the control easier.

I'm versatile!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NBA 2k10 PC. Let's get serious Here! Let's start talking strategies!   

Back to top Go down

NBA 2k10 PC. Let's get serious Here! Let's start talking strategies!
Page 1 of 1