Hoop Dreams
Welcome to Hoop Dreams!
Have a good day and enjoy NBA gaming on PS2/PSP!
Hoop Dreams
Welcome to Hoop Dreams!
Have a good day and enjoy NBA gaming on PS2/PSP!
Hoop Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoop Dreams

NBA Gaming Discussions for PSP and PS2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
The merge with ClutchTimeSports was unsuccessful so I decided to bring Hoop Dreams back! Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Need help stealing the ball (stripping) and post shot blocking

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DIZZAY
Hoop Elite
Hoop Elite

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2009-03-22

Need help stealing the ball (stripping) and post shot blocking Empty
PostSubject: Need help stealing the ball (stripping) and post shot blocking   Need help stealing the ball (stripping) and post shot blocking Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 5:03 am

Okay once again I was playing my cousin and he even confessed it. He will only play with the Cavs, Lakers and Celtics, you know, overrated power teams. When he plays against me (Heat) he gets the Cavs and lets Lebron go beast. I put Wade (one of the best defensive players in the NBA) on Lebron and tried ripping Lebron. I had no luck and always get slapped with a foul. I mean Lebron's handles aren't that great, but I can never rip any of his players (Varejoa, Perkins,Shaq...). But he can rip everyone on my team but D-wade. I tried looking at his controller while playing but I got nothing. All I know is that he plays on Alternate B Controller. I'm gut at playing the passing lane but....

What's The Secret Behind Stripping The Rock?

Also, Post shot-blocking is a B****. I was playing against my brother yesterday and he had the nets. I ran Half-court press and everyone started getting blocks. Mark Blount had 2 and he's not a shot blocker, Jamario Moon Blocked 2 dunks, and O'neal had one. O'neal and moon are supposed to be my big time shot blockers but when I play my cousin, both of em get fouls in stead.

What is the Secret behind post shot Blocking (and perimeter) ?
Back to top Go down
papaEy
Hoop Star
Hoop Star

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Need help stealing the ball (stripping) and post shot blocking   Need help stealing the ball (stripping) and post shot blocking Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 12:17 pm

timing is the key..

evry time i play with the cpu i always get 10 to 15 blocks using the aggressive button.
Back to top Go down
karlsanada10
HoopDreams Mods
HoopDreams Mods
karlsanada10

Male Number of posts : 383
Job/hobbies : Play basketball, 2k9, badminton,live 09
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Need help stealing the ball (stripping) and post shot blocking   Need help stealing the ball (stripping) and post shot blocking Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 2:10 pm

^papaey is right... Timing is the key...

Did you saw a block that was not a foul? In my team, Yao Ming somethimes do that...
Back to top Go down
DIZZAY
Hoop Elite
Hoop Elite

PostSubject: Re: Need help stealing the ball (stripping) and post shot blocking   Need help stealing the ball (stripping) and post shot blocking Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 2:38 pm

what about stealing the rock? Hoiw can I strip?
Back to top Go down
BattleDON
HoopDreams Admin
HoopDreams Admin
BattleDON

Male Number of posts : 365
Job/hobbies : Playing NBA video games and watching NBA
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Need help stealing the ball (stripping) and post shot blocking   Need help stealing the ball (stripping) and post shot blocking Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 6:29 pm

Stripping is hard.
Intercepting the ball is a lot easier.
You always get called for the reach-in everytime you try to strip but it's all down to the timing.
Back to top Go down
http://hoopdreams.heavenforum.com
DIZZAY
Hoop Elite
Hoop Elite

PostSubject: Re: Need help stealing the ball (stripping) and post shot blocking   Need help stealing the ball (stripping) and post shot blocking Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 6:51 pm

what's the perfect/idea timing for stripping then?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help stealing the ball (stripping) and post shot blocking   Need help stealing the ball (stripping) and post shot blocking Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need help stealing the ball (stripping) and post shot blocking
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hoop Dreams :: The PS2 NBA Gaming Network :: NBA 2K9 Discussion-
Jump to: