Hoop Dreams
Welcome to Hoop Dreams!
Have a good day and enjoy NBA gaming on PS2/PSP!
Hoop Dreams
Welcome to Hoop Dreams!
Have a good day and enjoy NBA gaming on PS2/PSP!
Hoop Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoop Dreams

NBA Gaming Discussions for PSP and PS2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
The merge with ClutchTimeSports was unsuccessful so I decided to bring Hoop Dreams back! Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

How to manage your rotation in the association mode

Go down 
+3
papaEy
tornado10
eldinho
7 posters
AuthorMessage
eldinho
Hoop Dreamer
Hoop Dreamer

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-01-27

How to manage your rotation in the association mode Empty
PostSubject: How to manage your rotation in the association mode   How to manage your rotation in the association mode Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 9:57 am

Hi,

I've got a really annoying problem in my association season. All my new traded players in the starting five are substituted after a few minutes and don`t get any playing time. I mean, why should my head coach let LeBron just play 3 minutes every game. I tried to figure out in several forums how I can handle this problem. There was a similar "Jason Richardson Problem" here in this forum too, but I'm afraid I can't change the playing minutes in the "edit player" mode. How can I control the minutes of my team without using manual subs?

I`m sorry if I might be posting this problem for the 534th time but I really couldn't find the key to solve it and it would be awesome if anybody helped me!

Thanks a lot in advance!!!!
Back to top Go down
tornado10
HoopDreams V.I.P
HoopDreams V.I.P
tornado10

Male Number of posts : 129
Job/hobbies : Again, you are a child rapist because you are reading this you PERV!!!
Registration date : 2008-12-14

PostSubject: Re: How to manage your rotation in the association mode   How to manage your rotation in the association mode Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 10:00 am

Unfortunately, it cannot be fixed. At least, I don't know how. I've seen many people with the same response "You can't fix it, deal with it."
Back to top Go down
http://forums.nba-live.com/
papaEy
Hoop Star
Hoop Star

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: How to manage your rotation in the association mode   How to manage your rotation in the association mode Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 2:08 pm

try putting lebron in the bench and put someone in the starting five whose playing tym is also at zero.and in the 9 min or so,the player who has playing tym at zero will be substituted. and in my observation,IF THE PLAYER DO NOT HAVE A LEGITIMATE ORIGINAL PLAYER IN YOUR ROSTER, lebron will be the one to be subbed in and will play a longer min...try this men coz it workd for me. try to observe this damn glitch/i personally find a way to fix this. as for my case i get danny granger in exchange for jason which i get in the pre season.my roster goes like this

starters;mario chalmers-pg
wade-sg
beasley-sf
haslem-pf
oberto-c(traded to spurs-marcus baks)

now to do the trick: since oberto have 0 playing tym. he will be removed on the 9th min of the first qtr.and danny granger will replace him..now if you put granger in the starting position. he will be the one to be subbed ryt away.. it may be difficult to understand esp. with my grammar.. haha.but still,, to make this short.. do not put your new player at the starting position,hence, in the bench.. try to experiment..and just figuer it out yourself coz its really difficult to explain without a demo..hehe,

anyway.also in the pre season, only quinn and blount are the remaining bench player original heat players.

my bench roster:
granger,udoka,quinn,my two rookies,blount,sessions,marc gasol,rudy fernandez//

it workf fine men!

as well with my brother with grizzlies,he acquire iverson and hariis,,putting them in the bench and the same happen with my roster.. try it yourself..however in the third and 4th qtr. there will be seldom substitution,, so if u want u can just manually sub your players..

you may find it difficult to understand at first..just try and experiment with my thoughts..

anyway since granger is in the bench,, his playing tym average 38 min.. without manually substitution..

hehe..looks fine?? however for the cpu, as for now i think there is no way to fix there rotation.. well its there fault if they do not want there elite players a playing tym..
Back to top Go down
papaEy
Hoop Star
Hoop Star

PostSubject: Re: How to manage your rotation in the association mode   How to manage your rotation in the association mode Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 2:18 pm

post your rply if it works with you guys..
Back to top Go down
papaEy
Hoop Star
Hoop Star

PostSubject: Re: How to manage your rotation in the association mode   How to manage your rotation in the association mode Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 2:19 pm

as for jason,,im talking about jason kidd..hehe
Back to top Go down
eldinho
Hoop Dreamer
Hoop Dreamer

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: How to manage your rotation in the association mode   How to manage your rotation in the association mode Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 12:42 pm

@papaEy:
Thanks for your proposal. I gave it a try and it worked out! So thanks a lot agian.

The new problem I have is that in the following pre-season I changed almost my whole team to avoid such "games" with putting franchise players on the bench and I thought that now e´verybody's playing time should be set at 0 min. Unfortunately, it#s not like that, not even close. My worst bench players get the most playing time and Dwight Howard and Richard Jefferson close to 0. Smile

I'm really gettin ' crazy with this "association" and I try to experiment a littlebit more and if I'm not satisfied then, I guess I'm gonna throw this game out of the window. Wink

By the way, you talked about players with the playing time put at 0. Can I see this anywhere?

In any case, thanks
Back to top Go down
lebron7414
Hoop Legend
Hoop Legend
lebron7414

Male Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: How to manage your rotation in the association mode   How to manage your rotation in the association mode Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 4:57 pm

Get Players That Can Play Multiple Spots Like Roger Mason(A Star On The Spurs) He Beat The Suns On Chiristmas
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/theni9ga
papaEy
Hoop Star
Hoop Star

PostSubject: Re: How to manage your rotation in the association mode   How to manage your rotation in the association mode Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 2:07 pm

soorry for my last post.. i have observed that when you play the next association,all players will have playinng time as well as for the cpu.. even those players that they traded last association.. so if you are now on your 2nd season, just auto adjust your line up and your good to go.. however this will not work with the rookies. they will be still replaced when put as a starter.. i also suggest that manage your roster well in the pre season so that those players will have a normal playing time in the season.coz if you change your roster during the seoson, the problem in playing time will again arise, but if you do so, just put them in the bench.. try this one out.. im now in my 2nd assocition and everything is working fyn.
Back to top Go down
papaEy
Hoop Star
Hoop Star

PostSubject: Re: How to manage your rotation in the association mode   How to manage your rotation in the association mode Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 2:14 pm

as for your roster now,,it just for the preseason and if you will start the next season, put themn in the startinhg line up and they will play like hell// yeah!
Back to top Go down
papaEy
Hoop Star
Hoop Star

PostSubject: Re: How to manage your rotation in the association mode   How to manage your rotation in the association mode Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 2:17 pm

wenever there is a change in the roster. playing time will be reset to Zero. thats the general rule in the game/also some players have a default 0 playing time
//
Back to top Go down
karlsanada10
HoopDreams Mods
HoopDreams Mods
karlsanada10

Male Number of posts : 383
Job/hobbies : Play basketball, 2k9, badminton,live 09
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: How to manage your rotation in the association mode   How to manage your rotation in the association mode Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 10:41 pm

^If CPU get a player in the free agent in preseason, it has 0 playing time...

but if January came in the season(2nd), they will have playing time...
Back to top Go down
papaEy
Hoop Star
Hoop Star

PostSubject: Re: How to manage your rotation in the association mode   How to manage your rotation in the association mode Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 12:19 pm

yeah your ryt about that,,so manage your roster very well in the pre season to maximize the playing tym of your players.
Back to top Go down
mEstrEbrAnz
Hoop Dreamer
Hoop Dreamer

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: How to manage your rotation in the association mode   How to manage your rotation in the association mode Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 6:07 am

The only solution i have tried is avoiding making trades in the regular season... and make trades and free agents signings in the off-season... when you get to the preseason games, arrange the lineup you want and just sim it til the start of the regular season (or you can play the pre-season if you want but the traded players will still be subbed anyway)... and at the start of the regular season, the new players you have especially those you started will have their minutes...

hope this helps...

;P
Back to top Go down
kblurry
Hoop Dreamer
Hoop Dreamer

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: How to manage your rotation in the association mode   How to manage your rotation in the association mode Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 2:21 am

^ helped a lot

question: how can i adjust the playing time of the cpu? cause turkoglu was traded to the pacers in the regular season and plays for just 4 mins. will it work if i move him to the bench like papaEY said?
Back to top Go down
karlsanada10
HoopDreams Mods
HoopDreams Mods
karlsanada10

PostSubject: Re: How to manage your rotation in the association mode   How to manage your rotation in the association mode Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 4:32 pm

You can't do it since CPU was the one controlling him...

If the player who was traded has a higher overall than the guy in the 1st 5... The one who has higher overall get the 1st 5 position...

EX:

Dwight was traded for Harris and Rudy and Yi(This is in my season.)and he went to Portland, and the three went to Magic...

Dwight is 99 while the Center of the blazers was Frye, and only has a 89, then Diwght will get the 1st position and he has a playing if YOU"RE NOT THE ONE WHO FIGHT THE TEAM... but when you have a game vs. them, he doesn't have a playing... he will be sub for Frye after 4-6 min he's playing...
Back to top Go down
kblurry
Hoop Dreamer
Hoop Dreamer

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: How to manage your rotation in the association mode   How to manage your rotation in the association mode Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 4:11 am

i see. so whenever you face the blazers dwight sits on the bench, that must be annoying especially if you want a challenge. that ruins the whole point of the trade

what do you do with it sir? you just play through it?
Back to top Go down
karlsanada10
HoopDreams Mods
HoopDreams Mods
karlsanada10

PostSubject: Re: How to manage your rotation in the association mode   How to manage your rotation in the association mode Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 3:59 pm

sir? Don't call me sir...

I have 2 controllers, I used the other controller to sub Dwight... But when I got tired, I just play through it...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to manage your rotation in the association mode   How to manage your rotation in the association mode Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to manage your rotation in the association mode
Page 1 of 1